West Virginia Association of Secondary
|A Message From:
John Cole, Executive Director
West Virginia Association of
Secondary School Principals
Welcome to the WVASSP website. The past
have been productive for WV Administrators. Our professional organization, the WVASSP,
is the only voice for WV Principals at State and
Corporate Partners are: Coca-Cola, Balfous Taylor, Herff
Jones, Lifetouch, Sport Mart and Valic.
Goals for this year include:
1. Additional pay raises.
2. Minimum employment term paid for by the state of 220 days for principals
and 210 days for assistant principals.
3. Changes in state code to force the court system to deal with truant
4. Continued reduction in paperwork and workload.
5. Stopping bad legislation
Please visit this site often and explore the
different areas. This is an excellent way for principals to stay up to date on the
latest news and developments concerning their profession. Please visit the National
Association of Secondary School Principals at website at www.principals.org
WVASSP and NASSP assist principals to perform as
effective educational leaders...both organizations have multiple services to meet the many
job responsibilities required of a successful secondary administrator. Just a few of
the valuable membership benefits include:
- Publications including the Mirror at the state level;
the Bulletin, the Newsleader, and the Principal at the National level.
- Timely legislative and legal updates.
- Access to both the WVASSP (www.wvssac.org) and NASSP
- Peace of mind with up to $1,000.000 in liability
coverage, up to $400 in state legal assistance, and up to $10,000 in national legal
- Informative meetings and conferences with member
- Organizational monitoring of the sessions of the WV
Legislature and the National Congress with lobbying efforts on legislation affecting the
welfare of secondary school principals.
- Opportunities for networking with the finest
administrators in WV and the nation.
For additional information, comments, or application
forms, please call me, John Cole, at 258-3066;
or write to: 269 Ewing Street, Berkeley Springs,